Low code and no-code platforms have proliferated due to the global market changes, challenges, and requirements. Also, due to the fact that there are not enough qualified developers to cover all software development demands. That is why software is one of the most valuable careers in recent years.
All of these reasons have contributed to the low code and no-code development popularity. Both types of software are similar but aren't synonyms. If you decide to start a software solution by using them, you must choose which one works better for you. Come and get to know each one and when you should use them.
If you have any doubt, contact us!
As you know, low code development is:
A development that allows the delivery of complete applications visually and more simply. It works with components (a kind of widgets). Developers only have to drag and paste the code into an interface and continue until they finish the app (which is completely functional and tested).
This initiative was born due to the lack of highly qualified programmers to develop high-quality applications and platforms, and of course to reduce development times. Instead of writing thousands of lines of code and complex syntax, low code creates complete applications with modern user interfaces, integrations, data, and logic quickly and visually.
On the other side, no-code software development is:
Very similar to low code but more sought after and used by people without programming knowledge. It's used to develop applications and software that are less complicated and not so developed.
What happens with no-code options is that they are very difficult to customize because they tend to be generic, without much specific functionality.
Low and no-code: when to use what:
Advantages of low code and the no code software solutions
Low code advantages:
* You can build apps for multiple platforms simultaneously.
* Faster deployment
* Less errors and tests
* Agile development
* Robust security
- You can develop an app yourself
- No need for software knowledge
- Perfect for single business (no e-commerce)
- Address an urgent need
Disadvantages of low code and no-code development:
For low code tools:
- Lack of customization. Low code development is a little more complete than no code technology but is also limited. They don’t work very well for complex processes or multiple solutions.
- You are trapped on the low code platform. With low code development, you only have components in the same framework, outside of it, you can have integration problems.
It is not possible to create an API suitable for each of your processes. Fewer opportunities to mass your app in the future. If you want to know how? Read our post about SaaS products
**No-code tools disadvantages:**
- They're generic solutions. Commonly they solve a single problem (very specific and limited).
- They have very low scalability and generally cannot be modified.
- They tend to be unsafe.
- Data cannot be stored properly, so you may lose valuable information.
- No code development has integration challenges with other technologies.
Cobuild lab is ready to help you with **low code and no-code software development for your business.** Share with us your needs and problems that we’ll gladly analyze to decide which of these tools is the best option for you. Contact us now and receive a free consultation or calculate the cost of your app in our price calculator